Ecotourism has become one of the leading and fastest growing sectors (10-15% annually) of the tourism industry.According to the definition and principles of ecotourism established by The International Ecotourism Society (TIES) in 1990, ecotourism is "Responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and improves the well-being of local people." (TIES, 1990).
- Involves travel to natural destinations.
- Minimizes impact.
- Builds environmental awareness.
- Provides direct financial benefits for conservation.
- Provides financial benefits and empowerment for local people.
- Respects local culture.
- Supports human rights and demographic movements.
The wildlife ranching industry forms a big part of ecotourism in South Africa and has experienced tremendous growth over the past few years.It is therefore with great pleasure that we provide all parties associated to ecotourism with an opportunity to list their establishments and or services on this website in order to boost their online profiles.